Join me as I try to be a Ninja, talk about martial arts, food, rave & rant and just think of all the about cool stuff of life

Monday, June 15, 2009

Left behind.. again


This dog of mine, Dama, just died this afternoon. He was not feeling well yesterday, he was restless and his back was very painful and was rather shaky suddenly so I brought him to the vet. The vets said that it was probably canine distemper. I never really saw a dog with it before or what- all I know is that my dog's vaccines were updated.. but I guess vaccines just don't work sometimes. So anyway they gave me all these medicines and told me to come back in a week's time. I brought him home and gave him some dog food and his favorite- fresh milk. He lapped the milk up but didn't touch the dog food, then slept. At around 10 pm I heard him crying so I came out and checked on him and gave him more blankets and the like, he wasn't looking too good. I talked to him for a while and told him it was ok to go if he needed to. He couldn't get up anymore this morning, so I kept coming out and seeing if he was still around and talking to him a bit and telling him not to worry so much. Then this afternoon around 4 pm I was studying in my room and wondering how he was and just kinda thinking about him in this way. I went to see him and he was gone. I had his body buried in our property already and have disinfected the whole place. Another friend, come and gone. He never was much of a dog in a sense that he was so gentle all the time, and even if he was a german shepherd, he was the calmest guy you'd ever meet. He hardly ever barked and welcomed everyone in. The only thing scary about him (to our neighbors/strangers) were his looks and size. Otherwise, this guy was a big puppy who loved milk and papayas- no joke.

You'll be missed Dama, but I know you're better off where you are now, and am happy you did not have to go through so much pain.

No comments: