Join me as I try to be a Ninja, talk about martial arts, food, rave & rant and just think of all the about cool stuff of life

Monday, April 20, 2009

Abuse, Britain's Got Talent, and more..

This kid: Shaheen Jafargholi is pretty awesome. Gratz there.

I took the boys out to the trails today and bought them some ice cream. I've been thinking a lot about abuse and its horrible "step sisters" so to speak. From what I have seen, physical abuse never comes alone. It is always coupled with psychological and verbal abuse. This boy is young. I am quite fond of him, obviously- as a younger brother for that. I know I would try to do what I could to help any person or living being in such a situation. That's one thing I hated about the dog training classes I used to bring my dog to. We had to hit our dogs and punish them and do all kinds of stuff that would make them yelp and scream and dig their heels in the ground. Luckily my dog was smart and he learned quickly so that I never had to push him as hard as some dogs had to be pushed. This reminds me of an incident years ago, when my aunt gave me a little puppy. We stopped at one of our friends' house on our way up and had lunch there. My new pet, G.I., as we called him later on, was left outside the house tied next to a tree. Someone came and parked their motorcycle right beside him while we were having lunch, and there were two girls sitting just a few feet from him, also having their lunch. Sometime during lunch he started crying. His cries turned to gurgling sounds muffled in his throat, and I ran outside to find him choking to death. He had somehow entwined himself around the motorcycle and his leash and each time he struggled to get away it only just made it worse. Perhaps I was being a selfish ass back then and now, thinking that those two girls sitting a couple feet away from him would've helped him out of his predicament, as he was obviously crying for help and needing help. It wasn't like he was a huge dog with scary teeth and what not. He was a month and a half- that was it. Luckily I got there on time and he recovered quite well from the shock.

Seeing animals going through so much pain is in itself heart breaking. What more, seeing human beings going through it. The very sound of it would break any basically normal person's heart. I don't really get it.


Don't forget to watch your daily Ninjai tidbit

No comments: