Join me as I try to be a Ninja, talk about martial arts, food, rave & rant and just think of all the about cool stuff of life

Friday, April 24, 2009

Thunderbolts

I was horribly irritable this morning. Anyway, my day picked up. I finished a few things that I was meant to and I've got another ton of things to finish now.

Late this afternoon the rainclouds started coming in from the ocean, and in with it, a huge thunderstorm. I had been waiting for a chance to swim all afternoon, and it was already 5 past when I finally had a chance. My friend and I were standing on the beach, watching the silver bolts of lightning smashing down from the sky- some near, some far. Some of them were getting real near, so we were asking each other, "Is this bravery or stupidity?" Right when we ran out of the shelter of the umbrella trees this massive lightning bolt came crashing down - again, closer to us. We ran screaming back under, it was really funny. Then a few minutes after we ran like mad to the ocean, jumped in, then jumped back on the beach and ran towards the trees. Our beach here is basically flat and there aren't very many trees around. It's not at all like a Waikiki or something of the sort, so more often than not, we would be the tallest things standing on the beach during a thunderstorm.
The rain started pouring down heavily after, and now the huge orchestra of frogs has begun their singing for the night. I went for a short walk over to my friend's house and nearly stepped on at least 3 baby frogs. :P Frog in a well..
Obama mania?

No comments: