Join me as I try to be a Ninja, talk about martial arts, food, rave & rant and just think of all the about cool stuff of life

Friday, April 3, 2009

Birds falling out of trees

So I had a pretty ordinary day today. Just swam in the morning, went to town to pick up some school stuff and went to the grocery... did heaps of math in the afternoon, then I babysat. I went to get some snacks for the kids and there was this little bird just learning to fly, sitting on one of the plants. It went to our kitchen a few times. It can't really fly much more than a few inches off the ground, so I figure it fell out of its nest in an unsuccessful attempt to fly. Its parents were really freaking out just right about my head, and when I scooped it up in my hands it just came right on. Right then one of the huge fat cats that like to hang out around here scampered off. Had I come a few minutes later this little bird would've been dinner. He or she is a stubborn little thing tho- it still won't open its mouth. I've taken care of quite a few birds already and this one is just so not wanting to open its mouth - at least not yet. I've crushed berries and just fed it juice from those berries. It's sleeping now tho, real cute little fellow. It's the nicest specie of wild birds that I've gotten so far. Usually I just find the most ordinary sparrows around and nothing more.

I hope it lives. I've yet to name it.

No comments: