Join me as I try to be a Ninja, talk about martial arts, food, rave & rant and just think of all the about cool stuff of life

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Of pets and past


2. I had this pet Labrador once, I actually named him chucky, but chunky would probably be a better name.  He was chucky boy, I often called him. He was always smiling, like Labradors love to smile. He was the most pleasant dog I had so far. He just loved running away though. Any open door, open gate- was too tempting not to run into or out of. He would run around gleefully, me in hot pursuit, but it was oft that I would only catch him after he scratched the beautiful mahogany floors of my step dad’s house. Oo.. trouble. Or, he’d run out the gate, bolting here and there, peeing on neighbor’s bushes or relieving himself in bigger ways. Sometimes it would just be my rabbit that would be able to coax him back.
Chucky had a strange love for my other pets. Even cats he liked. (Oh how I wish some of my pets now had the same pleasant disposition for their co-pets) I could leave him with my bunnies and not worry that I’d find them in his stomach when I’d get back. He’d let them sleep on him or snuggle in his armpits. One of my cats even attempted sleeping on his head and he was cool with it and just slept too. Of course, Chucky, being true to his breed, was not a good guard dog at all. Friend or foe he couldn’t distinguish. Anyone who took attention of him was worth a wiggle butt.
We played hours and hours on the beach, in our garden, and at the parks. The problem was that nobody told him that after retrieving things, he was meant to give them back. He’d just retrieve them, but he wouldn’t deposit. I guess that is just part of the wiring in the heads of many Labradors – like that Marley doggy.

And as always, tributes to my heros, the Ninjai Gang. And more on Ninjai on "Interviews About Ninjai".


Oh My God. How can I resist??

No comments: